[comp.dcom.telecom] Harrassing Calls

broughton@sask.usask.ca (03/19/91)

In article <telecom11.205.5@eecs.nwu.edu>, 443114@acadvm1.uottawa.ca
(Eric Skinner) writes:

> Interestingly, I had a friend in Montreal who was receiving a large
> number of *harassment* calls, and Montreal police refused to do
> anything about it.  Bell Canada refused to do anything, saying it was
> completely the police's responsibility.

> The solution was to switch phone numbers ($27.00) and get an unlisted
> number ($4.00/month or so).  We were not impressed.

Our local telco (SaskTel) will at least change your phone number for
FREE if you are getting harrassing calls. I assume that the unlisted
number will still cost a per month fee.

Darrell Broughton

[Moderator's Note: IBT also gives one free change of number if you
blame it on receiving obscene calls.  Not two, just one.    PAT]