[comp.dcom.telecom] GTE / California Helps Prevent Slamming

ken@sharkey.cc.umich.edu (Ken Jongsma) (03/17/91)

According to an bill insert, GTE California is now offering an
authorization form to prevent "slamming" by other long distance
carriers. There is no charge for this form. Returning it to GTE will
allow your account to be coded such that your written permission is
required for a carrier change.

Ken Jongsma               ken@wybbs.mi.org
Smiths Industries         ken%wybbs@sharkey.umich.edu
Grand Rapids, Michigan    ..sharkey.cc.umich.edu!wybbs!ken

merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz) (03/19/91)

In article <telecom11.210.1@eecs.nwu.edu>, wybbs!ken@sharkey (Ken
Jongsma) writes:

| According to an bill insert, GTE California is now offering an
| authorization form to prevent "slamming" by other long distance
| carriers. There is no charge for this form. Returning it to GTE will
| allow your account to be coded such that your written permission is
| required for a carrier change.

I just got this in my GTE Northwest bill.  Maybe its a national
policy.  (And a good one at that...)

Randal L. Schwartz,           Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095
on contract to Intel's Warp project,       Beaverton, Oregon, USA, Sol III
merlyn@iwarp.intel.com ...!any-MX-mailer-like-uunet!iwarp.intel.com!merlyn

onymouse@netcom.COM (John Debert) (03/24/91)

 From article <telecom11.210.1@eecs.nwu.edu>, by wybbs!ken@sharkey.cc.
umich.edu (Ken Jongsma):

> According to an bill insert, GTE California is now offering an
> authorization form to prevent "slamming" by other long distance
> carriers.

A day late and a dollar short. CA is making it illegal to "slam".

jd   onymouse@netcom.COM