[comp.dcom.telecom] Telecom Equipment Wanted

john@zygot.ati.com (John Higdon) (03/29/91)

DBILLINGSLEY <J2YC%UNB.CA@unbmvs1.csd.unb.ca> writes:

> I have been messing around with telecom equipment (you
> know, taking apart phones, building DTMF decoders, ad infinitum) and
> was wondering if anyone has any old equipment not in use anymore that
> you would like to sell ...

> I guess I'm an undergrad with a wierd hobby.

Not at all. You might be amazed at how many responses you will get
from readers of this forum. Unfortunately, I have divested myself of
most surplus gear due to space considerations.

As I was growing up (and fooling around with things telephonic) it
seemed as though all manner of doodads simply fell into my lap. Cable,
blocks, telephone parts, switchboard parts, CO parts, even payphone
parts came from everywhere. Sometimes it was friends of the family
that would be cleaning out a garage, sometimes it would be a Pacific
Telephone installer that would come back and drop off his collection
of surplus stuff. In checking with associates, this seems to be a
common experience.

Visit any telephone "junkie" and you will find gobs of phone
droppings.  Even though I have cleaned most of it out, just a casual
glance will tell you that a telephone nut lives here!

Now where did I put that number for "Phoners Anonymous"?

    john@zygot.ati.com      | San Jose, CA 95150 |       M o o !