[comp.dcom.telecom] Local Calling Cards vs. LD Company Cards

seanwilliams@attmail.com (03/31/91)

Jonathan White <acf5!whitejon@cmcl2.nyu.edu> writes:

>> if you used 950-xxxx access from your local calling area, you did
>> NOT pay the ripoff $0.75/0.80 charge.

> You might want to try ITT/Metromedia. They have no surcharge on
> calling card calls no matter where you call from.

Before checking out another Long Distance company's card, maybe you
should check with your own local telephone company.  Most local telcos
offer their own cards, and many are cheaper to use than a long
distance company's.

I recently called United Telephone of PA to order a card.  It was
explained to me that the charge for a call was $.30, as opposed to the
higher charge that MCI bills me for local calls.  I'm not sure if the
United Telephone card can be used for long distance calls, however.
I'll probably end up using both cards depending on what type of call
I'm making.  (I'll post a note after I get my new card.)

Bell of Pennsylvania also offers its own "IQ (sm) Card".  I'm not sure
of the details on that one, however.

Sean E. Williams		   | attmail.com!seanwilliams
333 Prospect Avenue / PO Box 227   | seanwilliams@attmail.com
Duncannon, PA 17020-0227  USA	   | voicemail: +1 717 957 8139