[comp.dcom.telecom] Research on "Intelligent Nets" in the US

Dr Sabine Thuermel <thuermel@ztivax.siemens.com> (04/02/91)

We at Siemens, Munich are doing research on intelligent networks. I
would like to get into contact with US universities working in the
same field.  I am grateful for any pointers.

Sabine Thuermel   e-mail: thuermel@ztivax.siemens.com
snail-mail:  Dr. Sabine Thuermel
             ZFE IS SOF22
             Siemens AG
             Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
             8 Muenchen 83
             Germany

phone: +49/89/63644705    fax:   +49/89/63640757

trebor@uunet.uu.net> (04/05/91)

thuermel@ztivax.siemens.com (Dr Sabine Thuermel) writes:

> We at Siemens, Munich are doing research on intelligent networks. I
> would like to get into contact with US universities working in the
> same field.  I am grateful for any pointers.

Have you considered the risks inherent in an intelligent network?  I
for one don't want to have an uppity switch tell me that it doesn't
think it's a good time to call mom!  And what if it gets upset with
you and routes all your calls to a beachside resort in Fiji?  ;^)

Robert J. Woodhead, Biar Games / AnimEigo, Incs.  trebor@foretune.co.jp