[comp.dcom.telecom] Wanted: Worldwide List of Telcos with Addresses

Rop Gonggrijp <ropg@ooc.uva.nl> (04/11/91)

For a mailing project I need (and now don't laugh here fellas) the
adresses of ALL the phone companies in the world. Is there such a list
available somewhere? And if so, is it on floppy or do I have to type
it all in?

Rop Gonggrijp (ropg@ooc.uva.nl) is also editor of  Hack-Tic (hack/phreak mag.)
Postbus 22953    (in DUTCH)    1100 DL  AMSTERDAM    tel: +31 20 6001480

Carl Wright <wright@ais.org> (04/12/91)

In article <telecom11.283.5> ropg@ooc.uva.nl (Rop Gonggrijp) writes:

I need the addresses of ALL the phone companies in the world.

There is a company called Lynx Technologies in Little Falls, NJ which
has this information in a database of the rates and tariffs for all
the world. It was expensive ($60k dollars) more than a year ago.

They might be able to help you for less. You have to ask. They are at
+1 201 256 7200.

There is probably some other source, but I don't know what it is. I'd
love to hear where you find the info for less.

Carl Wright                     | Lynn-Arthur Associates, Inc.
Internet: wright@ais.org        | 2350 Green Rd., #160
Voice: 1 313 995 5590 EST       | Ann Arbor, MI 48105

"Donald E. Kimberlin" <0004133373@mcimail.com> (04/13/91)

In Digest 11, Issue 286, Carl Wright <wright@ais.org> replies:

> There is a company called Lynx Technologies in Little Falls, NJ which
> has this information. It was expensive ($60k dollars)
> There is probably some other source, but I don't know what it is. I'd
> love to hear where you find the info for less.

The definitive list of the "phone companies" of the world is, in my
opinion, the CCITT publication titled simply, "List of Addresses."
This is, for lack of a better description, the "phone book" of the
members of the CCITT, including not only the official postal address
of every CCITT member, but a listing of key personnel for various
functions, right down to their own individual business address, direct
phone number, Telex number, and any other public means of communications
to them.

The last time I bought one, it was several hundred dollars, but well
worth the money for my purposes, providing me not only accurate
information, but contacts with people who were interested and
concerned, not just some front-office types whose main job was to
*not* know anything helpful.

The <List of Addresses> is officially sold by the CCITT Bookstore at
2, rue du Varembe in Geneva, but stocks may be available at other
CCITT publications sources such as the UN Bookstore in New York City
and the National Technical Information Service in Springfield,
Virginia.

If you really don't want to buy the entire book or haven't the funds,
finding the one of the CCITT participants of your local CCITT-member
"telco" will probably lead you to an individual who has a copy to aid
you in a few addresses and numbers.  Lat time I had a copy, it was 600
pages or so!