[comp.dcom.telecom] MCI Around Town Eliminated - No Advance Notice

Bruce Waldman <bw@gnu.ai.mit.edu> (04/30/91)

Well they've done it again.  Look carefully at your phone bill this
month, and you'll see that calls made >= April 1 are now surcharged 75
cents, not 25 cents.  It was just a short time ago that they imposed
the 25 cent surcharge, again with no prior notification.  Of course,
the MCI representative will inform you that you should have known,
because it was clearly stated on your March bill.  I dug it out, of
course, and there is no hint anywhere on the bill!  Like last time,
they offered to credit the difference ... it never came last time, and
I won't hold my breath this time either.  That's it.  MCI is really
screwed up when it comes to implementing these decisions or they think
that we are too stupid to notice.  And of course, I probably wouldn't
have noticed either if the bill wasn't so large.

Bruce Waldman    bw@gnu.ai.mit.edu    bw@harvarda.harvard.edu

Scott Hinckley <scott@hsvaic.boeing.com> (05/02/91)

In <telecom11.322.8@eecs.nwu.edu> bw@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Bruce Waldman)
writes:

> cents, not 25 cents.  It was just a short time ago that they imposed
> the 25 cent surcharge, again with no prior notification.  Of course,
> the MCI representative will inform you that you should have known,

I was informed of noth of these changes on my MCI bill one month
before each change. I have all but stopped using the card method of
calling since they implemented the charge. I have called and explained
to them why their revenues are now $30-$50/month lower but they seem
to think they will make more money this way.

If anyone out there knows of a company with competative rates ($.11 or
less for 200 miles) and an around-town feature (or a <$.75/call card
charge). I would like to hear about it.

Scott Hinckley  Internet:scott@hsvaic.boeing.com
UUCP:...!uunet!uw-beaver!bcsaic!hsvaic!scott
DISCLAIMER: All contained herein are my opinions, they do not|+1 205 461 2073
represent the opinions or feelings of Boeing or its management|  BTN:461-2073