[net.news.group] net.columbia -> net.challenger -- NO!

ark@alice.UucP (Andrew Koenig) (01/31/86)

I think that the newsgroup for discussing space flight
should be named after one of its most spectacular successes,
rather than one of its most spectacular disasters.

Would you change net.aviation to net.hindenburg or net.tenerife?
Net.rec.boats to net.titanic?

While we should learn from our failures,
we should not allow them to blind us to our achievements.

dmkdmk@ecsvax.UUCP (02/03/86)

In article <4910@alice.UUCP>, Andrew Koening writes:

> I think that the newsgroup for discussing space flight
> should be named after one of its most spectacular successes,
> rather than one of its most spectacular disasters.
>
> Would you change net.aviation to net.hindenburg or net.tenerife?
> Net.rec.boats to net.titanic?
>
> While we should learn from our failures,
> we should not allow them to blind us to our achievements.

I agree.  Count this a vote to stay as net.columbia.
--

                                        David M. Kurtiak
                                        UNC - Greensboro