[comp.dcom.telecom] Pagers and Timeout

cowan@uunet.uu.net> (05/15/91)

The Esteemed Moderator writes:

> [Moderator's Note: How could this be? Did you mean it gets the person
> to return the call quicker or it somehow gets the transmission out to
> the pager a little faster?  Why would anyone necessarily rush to the
> phone faster to call because they saw '00'?   Explain please.  PAT]

Probably means that the pager system accepts up to ten digits, and if
you enter a seven-digit number and then pad with "*00" it doesn't need to
time out.  "#" might work, too.

cowan@snark.thyrsus.com		...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan

[Moderator's Note: The 'official' answer to this will be given in an
issue of the Digest later today. I have a message in the queue which
explains what the original author meant.  PAT]