[comp.dcom.telecom] A Copy of "Hacker's Dictionary" Wanted

John_Richard_Bruni@cup.portal.com (05/14/91)

Pat:

Re the Anterior pager article and Goodfellow, I was wondering about
the book he wrote.  Is the Hacker's Dictionary in print and where can
one find it???

Thanx,

John

tep@ucsd.edu> (05/17/91)

In article <telecom11.362.9@eecs.nwu.edu> John_Richard_Bruni@cup.
portal.com writes:

> Pat:

> Re the Anterior pager article and Goodfellow, I was wondering about
> the book he wrote.  Is the Hacker's Dictionary in print and where can
> one find it???

The Hacker's Dictionary is really a de-mystified version of the
"Jargon file" which was kept online somewhere. My original Jargon file
is from 1977 or so. This came out of MIT and Stanford. Unfortunately,
I no longer have an online copy :-(

My copy of the Hacker's Dictionary is from 1983. I don't think that
there have been any new editions yet (see below).

Bib data:

Hacker's Dictionary
Guy Steele (and others)
Harper and Row, 1983
ISBN 0-06-091082-8

There is apparently a project underway to revise the hackers
dictionary and produce a second edition.

Try jargon@think.com.

Tom Perrine (tep)    Internet: tep@tots.Logicon.COM
Logicon - T&TSD      UUCP: sun!suntan!tots!tep
P.O. Box 85158       GENIE: T.PERRINE
San Diego CA 92138   Voice: +1 619 455 1330
FAX: +1 619 552 0729