From: wts@burl.UUCP (wts)
Newsgroups: net.columbia
Subject: In Memory
Date: 29 Jan 86 01:27:52 GMT

[]
After all the previous discussion of the renaming of this newsgroup to something
else, I now suggest that this newsgroup be renamed net.challenger in loving
memory of those seven who met their tragic end this the morning of
January 28, 1986.

					William T. Sykes
					AT&T Federal Systems
					Burlington, NC 27215
					burl!wts

From: gpw@ihlpf.UUCP (Wilkin)
Newsgroups: net.columbia
Subject: Re: In Memory
Date: 29 Jan 86 14:43:05 GMT

> []
> else, I now suggest that this newsgroup be renamed net.challenger in loving
> memory of those seven who met their tragic end this the morning of
> January 28, 1986.
> 					William T. Sykes
> 					burl!wts

 add a second vote here
--

George Wilkin AT&T Network Systems   usenet ihnp4!ihlpf!gpw
312-979-6593 work

From: hartwig@ihlpm.UUCP (hartwig)
Newsgroups: net.columbia
Date: 29 Jan 86 23:40:16 GMT

> > else, I now suggest that this newsgroup be renamed net.challenger in loving
> > memory of those seven who met their tragic end this the morning of
> > January 28, 1986.
>
>  add a second vote here
> --

...and a third here.

Max Hartwig
AT&T - Bell Labs
ihnp4!ihlpm!hartwig

From: faunt@hplabs.UUCP (Doug Faunt)
Newsgroups: net.columbia
Subject: Re: Challenger Explodes
Date: 29 Jan 86 22:45:19 GMT

I'm feeling a lot of grief.

Two items:
Can we produce a complete listing of showings of "The Dream is Alive",
considering the subject, and the rather appropriate title?

(open can of worms, don fire-proof suit)
Maybe we should rename the news-group net.challenger, in memoriam?

--
    ....!hplabs!faunt	faunt@hplabs.ARPA    415-655-8604
HP is not responsible for anything I say here.  In fact, what I say here

elf@cylixd.UUCP (Leonard Bottleman) (01/31/86)

>       I now suggest that this newsgroup be renamed net.challenger in loving
> memory of those seven who met their tragic end this the morning of
> January 28, 1986.
> 					William T. Sykes
> 					burl!wts

Count my vote for this proposal, as well.

						Leonard Bottleman
						ihnp4!akgua!cylixd!elf

gt3191b@gitpyr.UUCP (McAllister, Daniel Grear) (02/01/86)

I would like to add my vote to this proposed change.  I think it is only
fitting.
                          Dan McAllister
			  Georgia Tech
		   	  PO Box 33191
			  Atlanta, GA  30318

bjb@nvzg2.UUCP (Bernie Brown) (02/02/86)

> >       I now suggest that this newsgroup be renamed net.challenger in loving
> > memory of those seven who met their tragic end this the morning of
> > January 28, 1986.
> > 					William T. Sykes
> > 					burl!wts
>
> Count my vote for this proposal, as well.

Mine also, and about twenty or more others in net.columbia.

Keep the Dream Alive.

--
Bernie Brown (AT&T-IS, Altamonte Springs, FL)
UUCP ...!ihnp4!codas!nvzg2!bjb

jsq@im4u.UUCP (John Quarterman) (02/03/86)

>> Count my vote for this proposal, as well.
>>
>Mine also, and about twenty or more others in net.columbia.
>
>Keep the Dream Alive.

A better way to do that would be to write to your Senators and Congress
people telling them that you support the shuttle and other space efforts.
Renaming a newsgroup is unlikely to have much effect on the government.
--
John Quarterman, UUCP:  {gatech,harvard,ihnp4,pyramid,seismo}!ut-sally!im4u!jsq
ARPA Internet and CSNET:  jsq@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU, jsq@sally.UTEXAS.EDU