[comp.dcom.telecom] Answering Machine Modification Needed

kthompso@donald.wichitaks.ncr.com (Ken Thompson) (05/20/91)

A friend has a Panasonic answering machine (KX-A11A) that includes a
feature that lets one record both sides of an on going conversation
with the touch of a button.  There is a wish to disable the beep every
15 seconds.  Any help out there?

Ken Thompson     N0ITL     NCR Corp.  3718 N. Rock Road
Wichita,Ks. 67226  (316)636-8783   Ken.Thompson@WichitaKs.ncr.com

abm88@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Morley A.B.) (05/24/91)

In <telecom11.382.12@eecs.nwu.edu> kthompso@donald.wichitaks.ncr.com
(Ken Thompson) writes:

> A friend has a Panasonic answering machine (KX-A11A) that includes a
> feature that lets one record both sides of an on going conversation
> with the touch of a button.  There is a wish to disable the beep every
> 15 seconds.  Any help out there?

I have a similarly named Panasonic, and I find that this works:

PROG  # 2 1 MEMORY

(This is from my memory apologies if inaccurate!).  It's similar to
what they tell you in the manual to do to enable recording (they tell
you to do PROG # 2 2 I think).

I hope this works for yours!

Andrew Morley - Flossie - abm88@uk.ac.soton.ecs ... abm88@ecs.soton.uk.ac