[comp.dcom.telecom] The Case of the Missing Signature Line Solved

robert@uunet.uu.net> (05/29/91)

cbmvax!.UUCP!robert@uunet.uu.net (Robert L. Oliver) writes:

> Robert Oliver   Rabbit Software Corp.	215 993-1152
> 7 Great Valley Parkway East    robert@hutch.Rabbit.COM

> [Moderator's Note: Mr. Oliver's signature did not say *which city or
> state* he is located in -- I didn't truncate it!   :)   PAT]

Our news software truncates signatures longer than four lines.  And my
signature was exactly four lines, BUT it started with the
pseudo-standard "--" <signature follows> line, which our news software
counted as a full line.  Thus, it thought I had a five line signature
and killed my city/state line.  I've reformatted things a bit ... Hope
this is better.

Robert Oliver
Rabbit Software Corp.        215 993-1152
7 Great Valley Parkway East  robert@hutch.Rabbit.COM
Malvern, PA  19355	     ...!uunet!cbmvax!hutch!robert