[comp.dcom.telecom] Another Embarrassed Employee?

herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (05/30/91)

In article <telecom11.386.1@eecs.nwu.edu>, hayes!tnixon@uunet.uu.net
(Toby Nixon) writes:

> My previous response was to an employee of another modem company that
> appeared to be inviting a lawsuit.  I considered that to be a separate
> matter from the issues related to the validity of the Heatherington
> patent and the related cases.  I was subsequently contacted by the
> management of that company, and it was clearly stated that the
> opinions expressed by that employee were not those of the company or
> its management (as I suspected).

There has been a lot of grieving in this forum over the idea of
disciplinary action against Randy Borow.  Here is another example of a
serious indiscretion by an employee.  I wonder about the current state
of that employee's career.

The relevant differences are that Randy involved his employer in a
breaking of the law while the one that Toby mentions was only a
serious embarrassment.

dan herrick       herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com