[comp.dcom.telecom] CORNET

Andy Sherman <andys@ulysses.att.com> (06/04/91)

In article <telecom11.400.7@eecs.nwu.edu>, nstar!bluemoon!sbrack@
iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Steven S. Brack) writes:

>         A quick, simple question: what is Cornet?

> [Moderator's Note: Cornet is the internal phone network of AT&T. Like
> many large nationwide corporations, they have their own internal network.
> I wonder what they pay for it and who they get it from?  :)   PAT]

CORNET is on the way out.  At most locations it's already been
replaced with a Software Defined Network (SDN).  You dial
1+NPA+NXX+xxxx and some other magic routes the call.  Most locations
have switched over some time ago.

There are chargebacks for SDN calls, since the business unit that
provides the service sure wants the revenue shifted from *your* books
to *its* books.

Andy Sherman/AT&T Bell Laboratories/Murray Hill,
NJ AUDIBLE: (908) 582-5928
READABLE: andys@ulysses.att.com or att!ulysses!andys
What? Me speak for AT&T?  You must be joking!