[comp.dcom.telecom] The President's Analyst

Colston Sanger <colston@gid.co.uk> (06/09/91)

Patrick,

TELECOM Digest readers in London, UK may be interested to know that
the film `The President's Analyst' (discussed in recent Digests) is
showing at the National Film Theatre on Saturday, 27 July at 6.15 pm.

Regards,

Colston Sanger

GID Ltd    69 Kings Road     Tel/Fax: 0428 65421
Haslemere  Surrey GU27 2QG, UK  UUCP: colston@gid.co.uk

Marty the Droid <droid@kerner.sf.ca.us> (06/10/91)

For those who have seen the film "The President's Analyst", did anyone
notice Cliff Robertson playing the part of the 'droid at TPC? I almost
bust a gut the first time I saw him enter in that grey suit in an AT&T
commercial. It was nice to know that "TCP" still had the same
leadership. :-)

(I wondered if the folks at the ad agency or AT&T ever saw the movie.)

Marty 'The Droid' Brenneis     ...!uupsi!kerner!droid
Industrial Magician            droid@kerner.sf.ca.us
(415)258-2105

roy@cs.umn.edu> (06/11/91)

droid@kerner.sf.ca.us (Marty the Droid) writes:

> For those who have seen the film "The President's Analyst", did anyone
> notice Cliff Robertson playing the part of the 'droid at TPC?

I believe it was Pat Harrington who played that particular 'droid.

Roy M. Silvernail |+|  roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu

Mike Andrews <mikea@chinet.chi.il.us> (06/14/91)

In article <telecom11.445.11@eecs.nwu.edu> droid@kerner.sf.ca.us
(Marty the Droid) writes:

> For those who have seen the film "The President's Analyst", did anyone
> notice Cliff Robertson playing the part of the 'droid at TPC? I almost
> bust a gut the first time I saw him enter in that grey suit in an AT&T
> commercial. It was nice to know that "TCP" still had the same
> leadership. :-)

> (I wondered if the folks at the ad agency or AT&T ever saw the movie.)

Nice irony, but your memory is a little faulty.

The "TPC 'droid" was played by Pat Harrington, mostly known for his
role as Dwayne Schneider, the handyman on "One Day at a Time" and Trak
Auto Parts commercials.

Other actors in "The President's Analyst" besides James Coburn are
Godfrey Cambridge as the CRA(sic) man, Severin Darden as the Russian,
Artie Johnson (Laugh-In) as the FBR(sic) man, William Daniels (the
voice of Kitt the Car on Knight Rider and a Doctor on St. Elsewhere)
as the Liberal Gun Nut, and Will Geer as James Coburn's analyst and
mentor. The film also features the acting and musical "talents" of
Barry (Eve of Destruction) McQuire.

I have a video copy of the movie which has been one of my favorites
for years.

Some lines to watch for:

Doctor:      "The one thing all psychotics have in common is hate for
              The Phone Company. They all hate the The Phone Company!"

The Russian: "Every country in world hates The Phone Company.
              BEDOUINS hate The Phone Company!"

                            -------

"With all the countries in the world The President has to worry about,
which one do you think worries him the most?"

"Which one?"

"Libya.  Do you believe it?  LIBYA!"  (this is a pre-Qadaffi bit of
precognition.)