[comp.dcom.telecom] Can You Identify These Mystery Boxes?

Jason Galanter <n3hnr@hpb.cis.pitt.edu> (06/11/91)

I have a couple of boxes that I have absolutely no clue on their use.
I am sure someone out there knows what they do and I would appreciate
any help that might be availiable, I assume they are long distance
carrier access boxes pre-dial-1 service.

They are TELTRONICS (division of brand-rex) AD350-DW issue 5 boxes and
that is all the info I have ... anyone have any clues?

Second, is there a good place to get second hand Merlin equipment?

Thanks in advance!

Jason Galanter / N3HNR      | n3hnr@hpb.cis.pitt.edu
157 Oakview Ave.            | galanter@unix.cis.pitt.edu
Edgewood, PA 15218-1507     | Jason%cca.uucp@hpb.cis.pitt.edu
(412)371-2038               | * How's that for an information-only .sig?

[Moderator's Note: Just fine, thank you. I wish all .signatures
appended to articles here were as nicely done as yours.   PAT]

John Tombs <jtt@count.tct.com> (06/15/91)

In article <telecom11.449.1@eecs.nwu.edu> n3hnr@hpb.cis.pitt.edu
(Jason Galanter) writes:

> I have a couple of boxes that I have absolutely no clue on their use.
> I am sure someone out there knows what they do and I would appreciate
> any help that might be availiable, I assume they are long distance
> carrier access boxes pre-dial-1 service.

> They are TELTRONICS (division of brand-rex) AD350-DW issue 5 boxes
> and >that is all the info I have ... anyone have any clues?

Well, I work for an associated company, though not on these. My
information is that they are first generation store-and-forward
dialers: input 1+10 digits, output <special-dial-string>+10 digits.

For more info you could try Don Mastropietro at 813-753-5000.

John Tombs at Teltronics/TCT             <jtt@tct.com>, <uunet!pdn!tct!jtt>