[comp.dcom.telecom] John Cooperated With the Mercury?

toddi@mav.com (Todd Inch) (06/18/91)

In article <telecom11.453.5@eecs.nwu.edu> John Higdon <john@zygot.ati.
com> writes:

> You may be interested to know that the {San Jose Mercur}y is about to
> do a story also. However, the writer has been in close touch with
> yours truly and I can guarantee the article will be somewhat more
> "informed" and will carry a somewhat different slant.

Perhaps this kind of slant: "Telemarketers Harrass Millions of
Innocent Residents  --  Law Suit Threatened" ?

Seriously, I'm surprised you cooperated with the "perpetrators".

john@mojave.ati.com (John Higdon) (06/19/91)

Todd Inch <toddi@mav.com> writes:

>  Perhaps this kind of slant: "Telemarketers Harrass Millions of
>  Innocent Residents  --  Law Suit Threatened" ?

>  Seriously, I'm surprised you cooperated with the "perpetrators".

Alex Barnum, of course, has nothing to do with the telemarketing slime
at what is considered (as much as I hate to admit it) by many to be
California's finest newspaper. Mr. Barnum approached me with concerns
that many of the "popular" computer hacker stories were less than
accurate or complete. No excrement!

If there is anyone in the media who is interested in factual and
complete reporting, I am most willing to offer my time and cooperation
to further that end. Even if it is someone from the "dreaded" {San Jose
Mercury}.

Mr. Barnum, unlike Joe Abernathy, seems to have a handle on it. I was
not disappointed by his latest effort.

John Higdon <john@zygot.ati.com> (hiding out in the desert)