[comp.dcom.telecom] The Wonderful Thing About Standards

Steve Forrette <forrette@cory.berkeley.edu> (06/11/91)

>   "That's the wonderful thing about Standards; there're so many
>    to choose from!"

I believe this can be attributed to Nick Tredennick, who designed the
MC68000 architecture, among other things.  But I could be wrong.

Steve Forrette, forrette@cory.berkeley.edu

Arnold Robbins <arnold%audiofax.com@mathcs.emory.edu> (06/20/91)

In article <telecom11.455.11@eecs.nwu.edu> forrette@cory.berkeley.edu
(Steve Forrette) writes:

>>   "That's the wonderful thing about Standards; there're so many
>>    to choose from!"

> I believe this can be attributed to Nick Tredennick, who designed the
> MC68000 architecture, among other things.  But I could be wrong.

For sure it's in the first edition of Andy Tanenbaum's book "Computer
Networks."  I don't know if it made it into the second edition or not.

Arnold Robbins				 AudioFAX, Inc.
2000 Powers Ferry Road, Suite 200 / Marietta, GA. 30067
INTERNET: arnold@audiofax.com  Phone:   +1 404 618 4281
UUCP:	  emory!audfax!arnold  Fax-box: +1 404 618 4581