[comp.dcom.telecom] Highly Remote Extensions

jlangri@relay.nswc.navy.mil (06/27/91)

In Vol 11 Issue 493 Jim Hickstein writes:

> I have a Mitel Superswitch, and I want to get it to do something
> special, and I haven't been able to figure out how to ask it.

> Now that this is possible, I want to set things up so that I can dial
> an "extension" (2xxx or 3xxx) on my phone, and have it somehow prepend
> the area code and exchange and hand it to a CO loop.  (It already
> buffers the entire number and outdials it, so this should be
> possible.)  No way, say the few people I have asked who ought to know.
> But I think they probably have a vested interest in not having to take
> the trouble to figure it out.  I have no knowledge of the switch
> itself, or any apparent access to its features: I have to pay some
> moron $100/hour to come and do adds&changes (which I have managed to
> avoid doing so far).

> Note that this is the INVERSE of the usual "off-premises extension".
> Is this possible without spending a lot of money?  Is it possible at
> all?

FLAME ON.

Take the advice of a "MORON" (I assume you mean someone who has
trained and worked hard to learn and be proficient at their skills) ...

If you have no knowledge of the switch, leave it alone!

I've had to correct *doit yourself and save* mistakes before.  Most of
the techs I know are compelled to charge double for this kind of work.

FLAME OFF.

As for your question ... it sounds as though you want to update speed
call tables?

If you insist on trying, call the Mitel helpdesk at 1 800 648 3587.

Jim Langridge	| jlangri@relay.nswc.navy.mil	| NICCS OA
Synetics Corp.	| (703) 663 2137		| jlangri
24 Danube Dr.	| (703) 663 3050 (FAX)		|
King George, VA.| 22485-5000			|