[comp.dcom.telecom] Measured Service

david@llustig.uucp (David Schachter) (06/13/90)

In article <8128@accuvax.nwu.edu> John Higdon <john@bovine.ati.com>
writes:

>In Pac*Bell land, the only two firm requirements for hunting are that
>the numbers bear the same prefix and that the lines are billed to the
>same party.

Um, I have two lines in this apartment, connected in a one-way hunt,
billed to different parties.  Same billing address, though.  A few
weeks ago, I had the second line of the hunt converted to flat rate,
with various Kustom Kalling Area plans, pulse only.  The pilot line
remains measured, tone service.  No problems, no hassles, no quibbles.

	-- David Schachter
	   llustig!david@mips.com
	   ...!uunet!mips!llustig!david
	   david@llustig.UUCP (MAYBE)
	   +1 415 328 7425
	   Palo Alto, California, USA

smp@uwm.edu> (06/29/91)

Wisconsin Bell, an Ameritech company, recently switched to measured
service.  At least they now charge you on a per-call basis instead of
unlimited calls for a flat monthly fee.

My problem is this: I highly distrust their count of my phone calls.
Is it possible to get them to provide me with an itemized billing?  I
know that my long distance carriers provide me one, and it seems that
if they are going to be charging me on a per-call basis, they should
provide me with a listing of those calls.

Is there any way I could legally make them provide me with such a
listing if they don't voluntarily offer it?

Regards,

Steve

Fido: 1:154/600  |  myamiga!smp@fps.mcw.edu |  rutgers!uwm!fps!myamiga!smp |

[Moderator's Note: You won't have to ask very hard. Illinois Bell
sends out detailed statements on request, but you have to ask when you
want one and be reasonbable in the number of requests you make. Ask
them to send it to you for a couple months (you would probably have to
ask each time you got the bill). If you find their count is wrong, and
can prove it, I'd be surprised. When I've gotten those print outs in
the past, there would only be one or two calling 'units' I could not
immediatly identify, and maybe a few minutes of talking time I might
have disputed had I been certain.  PAT]