[comp.unix] PD Shadow/login/passwd/su implementation on 3b1

forrie@tnl.UUCP (anonymous) (11/27/89)

I am posting this to comp.unix, as this is the only available
group related to this matter on this machine.

I would like to know if anyone out there has had any luck with
implementing the PD Shadow/passwd/su/login package that is
out there.... I have tried very hard, and have had no luck.  It
compiles just fine...however login will not function properly.
I think it has to do with the UTMP handling routines.

Also, anyone out there working on a substitute for the User
Agent?  I mean something SECURE.

Please post replies to unix-pc.general...

Thanks in advance...

OR email to me:  uunet!unhd!unhtel!suntau!forrie

Forrie

scs@itivax.iti.org (Steve Simmons) (01/04/90)

forrie@tnl.UUCP (anonymous) writes:

>I would like to know if anyone out there has had any luck with
>implementing the PD Shadow/passwd/su/login package that is
>out there.... I have tried very hard, and have had no luck.  It
>compiles just fine...however login will not function properly.
>I think it has to do with the UTMP handling routines.

Hmm?  I assume we're talking about the Joh Haugh one.  What patch level
are you at?  I'm using PL7 (last one I know of) and there is only one problem
-- phone mgr doesn't believe you're logged in.  But that's no biggie, since
with pcomm available I simply don't use phmgr any more.
--
Steve Simmons	       scs@iti.org         Industrial Technology Institute
	'"You're not a big name on Usenet until someone puts