[rec.games.video] Lynx Pinout

bobm@anasaz.UUCP (Bob Maccione) (06/28/90)

In article <5682@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> (Wilson H Ouyang) writes:
>In article <2567@anasaz.UUCP> I said:
>>In article <669@helens.Stanford.EDU> zimmer@calvin.stanford.edu writes:
>>]Is there any information available on the pinout and the internals of the
>>]Lynx?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Please post the info. I can't believe with the atari people reading this
>>group, that wouldn't let little 'bits' of info out.
>
>Well, first off Atari R&D didn't design the Lynx so they may actually
>have no real clue about innards.

I agree with you about who designed, but if I had the envious job of working
in the game industry (IMHO), I would know what the heck is inside each of the
game systems on the market. Not only the ones that my company sells but also
the competition :)

>Also Atari has this problem about technical docs unless you are a
>registered developer so maybe you should ask for someone who is developing
>on his amiga with the Atari Lynx Devloper package.
>
>WHich brings me to request that if anybody who reads this newsgroup
>is a Lynx developer, why not post a little teaser, unless he is bound
>by the non-disclosure agreement that made Atari ST docs famous.
>
> -Ajay Choudhri(using my roommates account because mine is dead)

it's a shame if they can't tell us. 'Cause I'll bet that Nintendo knows
everything about the lynx ( either through reverse engineering or more
likely they just bought a developers kit ).

Oh well, maybe someday atari will get their act together. Problem is that
by then they will probably have alienated any loyal users left. :(

bob Maccione