[rec.games.hack] NetHack not received

shmergel@think.COM (Gregory Schmergel) (08/05/87)

After waiting months for NetHack to be released, my site didn't receive
it!

If anyone can help me get the game, perhaps by giving me an address for
an anonymous ftp, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Schmergel		Address:
			Internet> shmergel@think.com
Internet> shmergel@think.UUCP
			Bitnet> shmergel%think.com@wiscvm
			UUCP> seismo!think!shmergel
			UUCP> ihnp4!think!shmergel

schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) (08/08/87)

In article <7249@think.UUCP> shmergel@think.COM (Gregory Schmergel) writes:

>After waiting months for NetHack to be released, my site didn't receive
>it!
>
>If anyone can help me get the game, perhaps by giving me an address for
>an anonymous ftp, I would greatly appreciate it.

We are in the same boat. We received the first 6 parts, then ran out of disk
space and didn't receive the rest. I would also like to know where I can get
the sources from anonymous ftp.

ss

schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) (08/09/87)

>In article <7249@think.UUCP> shmergel@think.COM (Gregory Schmergel) writes:
>
>After waiting months for NetHack to be released, my site didn't receive
>it!
>
>If anyone can help me get the game, perhaps by giving me an address for
>an anonymous ftp, I would greatly appreciate it.

We are in the same boat. We received the first 6 parts, then ran out of disk
space and didn't receive the rest. I would also like to know where I can get
the sources from anonymous ftp.
There was a posting for a PC version of nethack sources from cod.nosc.mil, we
are on Unix systems. Where can I get these sources (or compiled)?

ss

rick@seismo.CSS.GOV (Rick Adams) (08/11/87)

Sites lucky enough to be on the internet can ftp archives from
comp.sources.unix and comp.sources.games from "uunet.uu.net".

In this particular case, look in the directory
	comp.sources.games/volume1/nethack/partXX
where XX is the part number you are missing.

If you aren't lucky enough to be on the internet, you can always subscribe
to uunet and access the files via uucp or mail archiver. For details
on subscribing to uunet, send mail to uunet!usenix!uunet-request
(usenix!uunet-request@uunet.uu.net for domainists)

---rick