[rec.games.hack] FTP Macintosh Nethack

metz@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Jeff Metzner) (10/22/87)

   Is there an address I can FTP the Mac version of Nethack from?  The packets
that arrived here onthe net seem to be corrupted because I cannot assemble
them correctly.

Jeff Metzner, WVBR-FM, 227 Linden Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14850
ARPA:  metz@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu OR o6mj@vax4.ccs.cornell.edu
BITNET:  o6mj@CRNLTHRY

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (10/23/87)

In article <2699@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>, metz@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Jeff Metzner) writes:

>    Is there an address I can FTP the Mac version of Nethack from?  The packets
> that arrived here onthe net seem to be corrupted because I cannot assemble
> them correctly.

> Jeff Metzner, WVBR-FM, 227 Linden Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14850

    I'm not certain but I believe the info-mac archives has Nethack posted.
To get there (from ARPANET ONLY, please don't ask me how to do this via
UUCP) just FTP to sumex.stanford.edu and logon as 'anonymous'. Change
your directory to 'info-mac' and you are in business. There is a file
called 00dir.names which has the names of all the files contained there and
you can grab that and find what you are looking for.

David Gelphman