[rec.games.hack] NetHack 2.2: objects[] bug

creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) (12/20/87)

In article <338@dlhpedg.co.uk> cl@.co.uk (Charles Lambert) writes:
>Silly me!  The obvious quick-fix is to remove the offending compiler switch
>from objects.h;  then I'm left with the right offsets and a redundant entry.

   Yeah, that's what I came up with after examining the code, and the fix
in the new code I'm sending to mike@genat for 2.3 does this.
   So, what everyone should do in the meantime is to remove all the #ifdef SAC
and corresponding #endif lines from objects.h if you aren't #defining SAC
in config.h. If you #define SAC, the error won't make a bit of difference.

Steve Creps on the VAX 8650 running Ultrix 2.0-1 at Indiana University.
	creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu
"F-14 Tomcat! There IS no substitute."