[rec.games.hack] PDP-HACK - Where to get it

iverson@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Tim Iverson) (03/14/88)

In article <2778@korppi.tut.fi> pl@tut.fi (Pertti Lehtinen) writes:
>From article <199@mutley.UUCP>, by root@mutley.UUCP (System Administrator):
>> I'm looking for PDP-hack.  Where can I get it?  I want to run hack
>> on an '11, and this looks like the one I need.

Hack was originaly written for the PDP-11 - so I am assuming that when you
say you want PDP-hack, you want the original.  The author, Jay Fenlason,
is still on the net somewhere (I believe he is involved with the GNU effort
in some way).  If I recall correctly, his address is in the readme file
of the most recent nethack posting.

If you can't get ahold of him, I have a copy of the original hack that was
ported to the PC.  While this may not help you much (the game is called
"hack" for a reason), you might be able to port it back to the PDP.  Let me
know if you want it; I'll mail it to you.

- Tim Iverson
  iverson@cory.Berkeley.EDU
  ucbvax!cory!iverson

rassilon@eddie.MIT.EDU (Brian Preble) (03/14/88)

In article <1488@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> iverson@cory.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Tim Iverson) writes:
>From article <199@mutley.UUCP>, by root@mutley.UUCP (System Administrator):
>> I'm looking for PDP-hack.  Where can I get it?
>
>Hack was originaly written for the PDP-11 - so I am assuming that when you say
>you want PDP-hack, you want the original.  The author, Jay Fenlason, is still
>on the net somewhere (I believe he is involved with the GNU effort in some
>way).

Jay can be reached as hack@gnu.ai.mit.edu or hack@prep.ai.mit.edu

					Shar and Enjoy!

Rassilon (Brian Preble)
UUCP: ...{ihnp4 | decvax!genrad}!mit-eddie!rassilon
Internet: rassilon@eddie.mit.edu

lizw@lsrhs.UUCP (Liz Wuehrmann) (03/18/88)

 	Yes, Jay fenlason is still alive and well working at GNU. If you mail
him somehow (I can find his electronic adress if pestered) he probably would
get you a copy of PDP hack from him. He has a few copies at home. In fact,
each of us has a copy for a friend how ended up getting it elsewhere. Mail,
and one of us can figure out how to give it to you. Happy hacking!!!

--
 (Preserve wildlife: Pickle a squirrel)