[rec.games.hack] Nethack Guidebook. Help

bob@inmos.co.uk (Bob Green) (08/02/89)

I'm having problems getting the guidebook through nroff. The command
line

nroff -mn Guidebook.mn >Guidebook

produces the message "can't open /usr/lib/tmacs/tmac.n". I presume this
means that we don't have the appropriate macro file for the Guidebook.
Does anyone have this file, and if so, could they let me have a copy ?

Many thanks in advance

Bob.

dave@viper.Lynx.MN.Org (David Messer) (08/05/89)

In article <1750@brwa.inmos.co.uk> bob@inmos.co.uk (Bob Green) writes:
 >I'm having problems getting the guidebook through nroff. The command
 >line
 >
 >nroff -mn Guidebook.mn >Guidebook
 >
 >produces the message "can't open /usr/lib/tmacs/tmac.n". I presume this
 >means that we don't have the appropriate macro file for the Guidebook.
 >Does anyone have this file, and if so, could they let me have a copy ?

I had the same trouble.  It turns out that the macro file (tmac.n) is
distributed with the news 2.11 source (B-News).  You should be able
to find it locally, but if you don't, send me a note and I will mail
it to you.

Also, the command in the Makefile should be:

	tbl Guidebook.mn | nroff -mn | col >Guidebook

--
Remember Tiananmen Square.           | David Messer       dave@Lynx.MN.Org -or-