[rec.games.hack] floating point exception after picking character

jack@stevie.cs.unlv.edu (The Prism) (09/07/89)

Hello,

I am running nethack3.0 on an NCR Tower 32.  I keep getting "floating point
exception" after a chracter is picked either by myself or by the computer.

I have installed the 1st set of patches, but it still does it.

Any help is appreciated...
					-- Jack Alexander
					jack@jimi.UUCP
					jack@marley.UUCP

In article <1316@jimi.cs.unlv.edu> jack@jimi.cs.unlv.edu (The Prism) writes:
>I am running nethack3.0 on an NCR Tower 32.  I keep getting "floating point
>exception" after a chracter is picked either by myself or by the computer.
>Any help is appreciated...

In version 5.1 of the Microsoft C compiler, they distributed a patch for
ibmbio.com to solve this problem.  It seems there is a known bug with
the floating point exception signal in IBM PC DOS, and MS DOS.  I don't
know about the legality of distributing this patch on the net, but if it
is legal, I would be happy to post it in some fashion for your benefit.

In the rare case that original ideas   Kenneth J. Hendrickson    N8DGN
are found here, I am responsible.      Owen W328, E. Lansing, MI 48825
Internet: hendrick@frith.egr.msu.edu   UUCP: ...!frith!hendrick