[rec.games.hack] FTP SITE for Nethack 3.1

lodo@uncw.UUCP (lowrydoddada) (02/21/91)

Please send me the FTP site for the most current site.  Our source
has been messed up beyond hope of recovery.  Please help.
Thank you

orenalex@bimacs.BITNET (oren alex) (02/21/91)

In article <1004@uncw.UUCP> lodo@uncw.UUCP (lowrydoddada) writes:
>Please send me the FTP site for the most current site.  Our source
>has been messed up beyond hope of recovery.  Please help.

Hey! So there is version 3.1
How/Where do I get it????
(Please have mercy, I'm sufferring from severe Nethack withdrowal
symptoms)

hairston@henry.ECE.CMU.EDU (David Hairston) (02/22/91)

[lodo@uncw.UUCP (lowrydoddada) writes:]
[] Please send me the FTP site for the most current site.  Our source
[] has been messed up beyond hope of recovery.  Please help.

NetHack is currently at 3.0j (patchlevel 10).  NetHack 3.1 is under
development and no one has ever mentioned a release date for it.

as always, current nethack source and binaries can be obtained via:
ftp linc.cis.upenn.edu	{130.91.6.8}

cd pub/NH3.0
dir

  -dave-  master rapper of the 2 dave crew
hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu

ps:

NetHack is currently at 3.0j (patchlevel 10).  NetHack 3.1 is under
development and no one has ever mentioned a release date for it.

as always, nethack source and binaries can be obtained via:
ftp linc.cis.upenn.edu	{130.91.6.8}

cd pub/NH3.0
dir

woopa, woopa, woopa, ...

hairston@henry.ECE.CMU.EDU (David Hairston) (02/24/91)

[orenalex@bimacs.UUCP (oren alex) writes:]
[] Hey! So there is version 3.1
[] How/Where do I get it????
[] (Please have mercy, I'm sufferring from severe Nethack withdrowal
[] symptoms)

ever hear the story about the blind leading the blind?

you cannot simply wish (or typo in) the existence of 3.1.  it _is_
under development.  it has not ever been (not even rumored) ready
for release/distribution.

note that 3.0j (pl10) was just released (feb. 91), as always:
ftp linc.cis.upenn.edu    {130.91.6.8}
login: anonymous
password: guest
cd pub/NH3.0
dir

alternatively there's comp.sources.games or stay tuned here (i.e.
occasionally read or summarize these messages) and you'll hear
about an auto-mail technique for getting the game.

  -dave-
hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu

"This is a recording.  -dave- is unable to answer your message at the moment."