[rec.games.misc] Questron spoiler requests

metz@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Jeff Metzner) (04/20/87)

In SSI's Questron:  Does anyone know...

...where to get keys?

...how to dissipate the fog?

...how to open chests in Mesron's castle without getting murdered by the guards?

...when Mesron says, "You need one more piece of the puzzle", what does he mean?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff Metzner, WVBR-FM, 227 Linden Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14850
ARPA:  metz@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu OR o6mj@vax4.ccs.cornell.edu
BITNET:  o6mj@CRNLTHRY

jking@jplpub1.uucp (Jennifer King) (04/21/87)

In article <740@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> metz@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Jeff Metzner) writes:
>In SSI's Questron:  Does anyone know...
>
>...where to get keys?

Keys are found in Mesron's Castle in the various chests.

>...how to dissipate the fog?

You can dissipate the fog by using the Trumpet you must steal from the
king.  You can do this after getting the gold key.

>...how to open chests in Mesron's castle without getting murdered by the guards?

You can't do it all on one trip.  Get a key, exit, go get more holy water
and enter again.

>...when Mesron says, "You need one more piece of the puzzle", what does he mean?

He is probably talking about the Trumpet.

>Any help would be appreciated.

No problem, I wrote a walkthru for this game.

Jennifer L. King				jking@jplpub1.JPL.NASA.GOV
Jet Propulsion Lab				jplpub1!jking@elroy.JPL.NASA.GOV
Pasadena, CA					CIS: 72466,3413

skajihar@udenva.UUCP ("Lord of Sith" Kajihara) (04/25/87)

In article <740@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> metz@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Jeff Metzner) writes:
>In SSI's Questron:  Does anyone know...
>
>...where to get keys?

Check the treasure room.

>...how to dissipate the fog?

Something which you obviously do not have yet, when operated, dissipates the
fog.  You are not yet a knight.

>...how to open chests in Mesron's castle without getting murdered by the guards?
You have something given to you by Mesron to help in this endeavour. However,
even with this, pick your targets carefully and use teleporters a lot.

>...when Mesron says, "You need one more piece of the puzzle", what does he mean?
Precisely that:  you must become a knight to start the real quest.  However,
you require some keys first.  It is a good idea to visit some other people in
the castle when you get the keys.  What they want of you they will tell.

E-mail for more help.

     Scott Kajihara

      Learn to lie effectively for if you tell people the truth, they will
      still not believe you.

      -- Scott Kajihara

      UUCP:  ...!udenva!skajihar
      BITNET: skajihar@ducair