[rec.games.misc] Need Help with RAMBO for the C64

wjb@rayssd.ray.com (Bill Brogan) (03/17/88)

	Anyone know how to get past the second screen in Rambo?  I can break
into the prison camp, get the POW, and get to the helicopter fine.  Then I
fly to the Helipad in the camp and pick up the box of grenades.  I never see
the other prisoners I am supposed to rescue.

	If you get back into the copter, the game ends.  If you hang around
and search the camp you eventually die (and find nothing).  I've tried going
North and South of the camp at this point, but I never find anything.

	Are there any more screens after this, or is it the end of the game?
It doesn't seem like it cause I never find any more prisoners.  Also, is
it possible to get scores as high as the ones in the credits?  There have
to be more screens to get scores that high.

	Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

--
 "That's where you're wrong, wraith." - Captain America

jon@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jon George Seidl) (03/18/88)

In article <1860@rayssd.ray.com> wjb@rayssd.ray.com (Bill Brogan) writes:

>	Anyone know how to get past the second screen in Rambo?  I can break
>into the prison camp, get the POW, and get to the helicopter fine.  Then I
>fly to the Helipad in the camp and pick up the box of grenades.  I never see
>the other prisoners I am supposed to rescue.

Bill,

I had the same problem. The directions do not TELL you where the prisoners
are or how to get them out. I found them by accident.

In the lower left-hand corner of the POW camp (go left past the grenade
box and past one hut...I believe), there is a big grey thing...looks
like a wall. I haven't played the game in awhile, but I believe that
there is a door shaped part of the wall (outline?). Run into that part
with the knife in your hand. That should get them POWS out.

I'll have to check the game tonite. If I was wrong about anything here,
I'll repost.

							Jon
---------------

 University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee      \\  \\ \\  /\  /| /\  /\
					 \\  \\ \\//\\// //\\//\\
 Internet: jon@csd4.milw.wisc.edu	  \\//\\ \/  \/ //  \/  \|
     Uucp: uwvax!uwmcsd1!uwmcsd4!jon
   bitnet: jon%csd4.milw.wisc.edu@wiscmac3.bitnet

seeley@dalcsug.UUCP (Geoff Seeley) (03/20/88)

In article <1860@rayssd.ray.com>, wjb@rayssd.ray.com (Bill Brogan) writes:

> 	Anyone know how to get past the second screen in Rambo?  I can break
> into the prison camp, get the POW, and get to the helicopter fine.  Then I
> fly to the Helipad in the camp and pick up the box of grenades.  I never see
> the other prisoners I am supposed to rescue.

	After you land the helicopter in the enemy camp, head over
	to the south-west corner of the camp. Switch your weapon to
	the knife. You will see a bamboo cage. Touch the cage with your
	weapon on knife and the door will open and the POW's will
	run to the helicopter. Head back to the chopper.

> 	If you get back into the copter, the game ends.  If you hang around
> and search the camp you eventually die (and find nothing).  I've tried going
> North and South of the camp at this point, but I never find anything.
>
> 	Are there any more screens after this, or is it the end of the game?
> It doesn't seem like it cause I never find any more prisoners.  Also, is
> it possible to get scores as high as the ones in the credits?  There have
> to be more screens to get scores that high.

	After you rescue the POW's jump into the helicopter and fly
	north (up the screen). It may look like there is nothing up
	there but you will soon cross a river and then get ready.
	Very soon after you cross the river another helicopter will
	attack you from behind. They are very hard to shoot down, but
	keep at it. You will need to shoot down two of them.
	If you manage to do this (I always get shot down), I am
	told that if you keep flying north you will return to your
	home base. That's it!

	After you master or get bored of this scenerio another fun
	thing to do is to start playing the game like a real Rambo.
	(i.e. BLOW UP EVERYTHING). Begin the game as normal, using
	knives so that the camp will not be alerted. Head north till
	you come to the south wall of the camp. Go around to the
	EAST wall, and switch your weapon to the exploding arrows.
	About half-way along the east wall there is a place to cross
	into the camp but there is a wall there. Blow it up. Enter
	the camp and blow it up. Using the explosive arrows will
	blow up anything (buildings, trees, watch towers, etc.)
	If you actually survive this and the camp is blown to bits
	then head into the forest and blow it up. If you're still
	going by this time, you might as well continue with the
	assigned mission, or get another more challenging game.

						Hope this helps,
						Geoff Seeley

--
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\  \ Mail replies, questions, | "Oh no ... the brakes don't work! ... Guess     /  / money, women, beer, etc. |       theres no sense in steering now."         \  \           to:            |        -Bob & Doug Mckenzie (STRANGE BREW)      /