[rec.games.misc] Mac II Pool game?

greg@tandem.UUCP (Greg Stewart) (12/03/88)

When the Mac II was first introduced, I saw a pool game demoed at a
local store.  It showed the table from above with nice green felt and
accurate ball colors.  To strike the balls, you dragged the mouse
back away from the cue ball to create a cue stick as long as needed.
The longer the cue stick, the harder the shot would be hit.

Has anyone else seen this game?  I'm getting a Mac IIx and would
like it for my collection.  Thanks!
--
Greg Stewart
Tandem Computers Incorporated

ephraim@think.COM (Ephraim Vishniac) (12/06/88)

In article <402@tandem.UUCP> greg@tandem.UUCP (Greg Stewart) writes:
>When the Mac II was first introduced, I saw a pool game demoed at a
>local store.  It showed the table from above with nice green felt and
>accurate ball colors.  To strike the balls, you dragged the mouse
>back away from the cue ball to create a cue stick as long as needed.
>The longer the cue stick, the harder the shot would be hit.
>
>Has anyone else seen this game?  I'm getting a Mac IIx and would
>like it for my collection.  Thanks!
>--
>Greg Stewart
>Tandem Computers Incorporated
>Cupertino, CA 95014             UUCP: {decwrl,ames}!pacbell!tandem!greg
>(408) 865-4154

Sounds like "Color Billiards."  I've seen this listed in Mac
Connection's ads.  Call them at 1-800-Mac-Lisa.

The B&W version of Billiards was PD.  I don't know if it works on the
Mac II, or even under current system software on any Mac.

Ephraim Vishniac					  ephraim@think.com
Thinking Machines Corporation / 245 First Street / Cambridge, MA 02142-1214

     On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put
     into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?"