[rec.games.misc] Oids

c60a-2ce@e260-2b.berkeley.edu (Mikey) (12/15/88)

Does anyone know when OIDS from FTL Games will be released? I have a demo
for this ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE game...I am in awe. The COLOR graphics that
you get on a Mac II are fantastic. This is going to beat Crystal Quest as
the number one arcade game easily.
I'd appreciate it if you could reply via EMAIL. I'm not able to access the
net that often. Thanks a lot!!
c60a-2ce@web.berkeley.edu............................................Mikey
*** Call Tanelorn III! (415) 540-1180. The Apple/Mac BBS of Berkeley.  ***

roy@bonnie.ics.uci.edu ( John Roy) (12/16/88)

In article <18342@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, c60a-2ce@e260-2b (Mikey) writes:
>Does anyone know when OIDS from FTL Games will be released? I have a demo
>for this ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE game...I am in awe. The COLOR graphics that

Yes, but isn't it *ALOT* like Continuum.  I wonder if the Continuum author
is a part of this.  If not...

--
John M.A. Roy (714) 856-5039
ICS Dept., Univ. Calif., Irvine CA 92714

rjung@sal47.usc.edu (Robert allen Jung) (12/17/88)

In article <18342@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> c60a-2ce@e260-2b.berkeley.edu (Mikey) writes:
>Does anyone know when OIDS from FTL Games will be released? I have a demo
>for this ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE game...I am in awe.

  What do you mean, WHEN? It's been out for eight months now!

> The COLOR graphics that
>you get on a Mac II are fantastic.

  Oh. A MACintosh. Beats me, then. The last FTL newsletter says that OIDS
was only coming out for the Atari ST.

						--R.J.
						B-)

                                     "Red wizard now has extra 'ight 'ower!"
Don't bother me if I offended you,
                       I'm too busy playing to think about what I wrote.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

pv9y@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU (12/18/88)

I don't know anything about the Mac version of OIDS, but I have the Atari
ST version and it is absolutely amazing there.  Definitely the best game
(in my opinion) I've played.  It has held my attention for over a year now,
which no other game has ever come close to doing.  One of its major pluses
is that you can build your own worlds and galaxies for other to play in,
so you never have to get bored ofthe galaxies that come with the disk.  One
caveat, the Atari version is extremely well copy-protected, and cannot be
copied successfully as far as I know.  Every time I tried to make a backup,
I would get a copy that worked, sort of.  Various colors would be wrong and
certain game actions would simply not work at all, even though the copy
was usually more or less playable.  That's the only real negative feature
about the game, although it would be nice to use a two button joystick with
it rather than having to double click for the bombs.  Now that I think of
it, OIDS might be very difficult to use on the Mac with the mouse.  It does
work with the keyboard, but the joystick is infinitely preferable.

Adam