[rec.games.misc] Theldrow -- Hermit & Shop of the Bizarre

gwills@maths.tcd.ie (Graham Wills) (08/11/89)

In article <33840@apple.Apple.COM> cjp@Apple.COM (Chris Plummer) writes:
>In article <EVETT.89Aug7154110@drinkme.mimsy> evett@drinkme.mimsy (Matt Evett) writes:
>
>>Also, so far I have received absolutely NO information from the Barkeep.
>>Does he require absolutely astronomical bribes, or is he just plain
>>ignorant?  (I've gone up to 50gps, plus 5 20gp bribes.)
>>
>I've gotten *lots* of info from the barkeep and it only took a few
>gps.  Try asking him about "hermit", "bell", "book", etc.  Speaking
>of the hermit, has anyone found him.  The barkeep says he lives in
>the forest east of town by the river but I haven't been able to find
>him.  The hermit in just like the barkeep in that he takes bribes and
>gives you info so if you want to talk to the hermit and can't find
>him then just simply switch the SAGE resources for the hermit and the
>barkeep and go into the bar.  The barkeep will then talk like the
>hermit.

 Major spoiler !!

  Go into the forest across the bridge, walk straight until you
  are forced to turn right. Follow the straight path until you are
  stuck at the end of the following :

                          ***
			  * *
                      ***** ***
			      *
                      ***** ***
			  * *
			  ***

and turn left. Now walk forwards THROUGH the apparent wall of trees.
You will find Hermit and shop somewhere in this part ....

gwills@maths.tcd.ie