[rec.games.misc] More Shadowgate Hints Needed

hearth@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Don Hearth) (09/01/89)

   Thanks for all the people who gave me hints last time.  However, although
 several people mentioned that the flute is used to get the ring, they did
 not mention how. Also, can the rope in the room with the cages be raised or
 otherwise used? What does EPOR stand for anyway?  E-mailed spoilers will be
 appreciated.
						Thanks,
						Don Hearth

jas@saturn.wustl.edu (J. Schrauner) (09/01/89)

In article <16742@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> hearth@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Don Hearth) writes:

>   Thanks for all the people who gave me hints last time.  However, although
> several people mentioned that the flute is used to get the ring, they did
> not mention how. Also, can the rope in the room with the cages be raised or
> otherwise used? What does EPOR stand for anyway?  E-mailed spoilers will be
> appreciated.
>						Thanks,
>						Don Hearth

Spoilers:

Read EPOR backwards... notice anything?  Try saying it out loud to raise the
rope.

Actually I thought the flute was used to get the staff but maybe I'm just
not remembering well, because actually I don't remember any ring in the
game.

Jay Shrauner