[rec.games.misc] DungeonMaster

phg@cl.cam.ac.uk (Philip Gladwin) (04/12/90)

Come on guys; I posted a plaintive plea for succour to bit.listserv.games and
got profoundly ignored. Someone out there put me out of my misery. I'll be as
quick as possible; I realise this is ancient history to most people, but
if you
know the answers, then PLEASE send me some hints: This game is ruining my life.

1) Level 6. In the big room with all the pillars, Beholders and Skeletons,
entered by the long passage that says 'I don't like to be ignored',
there are two secret stores that I have found, but there seems
to be a third. At least, there is a section of wall I see go down when I step
on an invisible pressure pad, but I can't figure out  how to keep the
wall open.

2). Level 6 also. What do you do with the force field in the
corridor that says 'Try your strength'. Hmm? Ehh?

On a more general note, on levels 5 and 6 there seem to be
a lot of empty rooms. Is this true or am I missing something sinister?

---Thanks
   Phil Gladwin
   phg@uk.ac.cam.cl,
   phg@cl.cam.ac.uk

ap@ivax.doc.ic.ac.uk.doc.ic.ac.uk (Andrew Poon) (04/13/90)

In article <1836@gannet.cl.cam.ac.uk> phg@cl.cam.ac.uk (Philip Gladwin) writes:

>1) Level 6. In the big room with all the pillars, Beholders and Skeletons,
>entered by the long passage that says 'I don't like to be ignored',
>there are two secret stores that I have found, but there seems
>to be a third. At least, there is a section of wall I see go down when I step
>on an invisible pressure pad, but I can't figure out  how to keep the
>wall open.

The trick here is to lure some monsters onto the pressure pad, than use
the green or blue magic box to freeze the monsters. This should give you
enough time to enter the secret passage.

>2). Level 6 also. What do you do with the force field in the
>corridor that says 'Try your strength'. Hmm? Ehh?

I think there is a pressure pad at the end of the corridor. Try throwing
something down the corridor

Andrew Poon
DOC, Imperial College, London.