[rec.games.misc] One more Wizardry bug...or is it?

ingram@milton.u.washington.edu (Douglas Ingram) (01/14/91)

	After a long hiatus, I started playing my old version of Wizardry
again, and I've run into a new problem.  After running parties on two
completely separate scenario disks (both from Proving Grounds), I've
run into this problem twice.

	Apparently, after I've made around 100 expeditions into the Maze
(started on my fifth game session both times, I believe), some of my combat
spells no longer seem to work.  The damage spells work fine, but those
attack spells which do no damage, but only kill or something (ie. Montino,
Makanito, Lakanito, Katino), NO LONGER WORK!  The only spells I can use
now are damage spells.  This sucks!

	Has anyone else run into this problem?  If so, did you find a
resolution?  If Terry Monks is reading this...do you know anything that
can help me?  This is very frustrating, especially the removal of the
silence spell from my arsenal.

Thanks for any help.

Doug Ingram	ingram@u.washington.edu		ingram@uwaphast.bitnet
		--------------------------------
    If you can possibly manage it, you should avoid being a young person
or a wheat farmer when the president starts feeling international tension.
			-- Dave Barry, "It's Drafty in Here"

tel@adimail.UUCP (Terry Monks) (01/14/91)

In article <14307@milton.u.washington.edu>, ingram@milton.u.washington.edu (Douglas Ingram) writes:

> 	After a long hiatus, I started playing my old version of Wizardry
> again, and I've run into a new problem.
>
> 	Apparently, after I've made around 100 expeditions into the Maze
> (started on my fifth game session both times, I believe), some of my combat
> spells no longer seem to work.

All I can say is that I know about the New version of Wizardry only - the one
that has been on sale for about a year. The one before that had several bugs,
but the one you mention was never reported, and I can't see how it could have
happened. But I do suggest you upgrade to the latest, I think they do it
cheaply (315-393-6633, will tell you) And you will be able to read in all your
old characters.

--
Terry Monks        Automata Design Inc    (703) 472-9400