[rec.games.misc] Dungeon Master/Magic Items

jmellby@m2.csc.ti.com (John Mellby) (01/16/91)

I resumed my quest for the solution of Dungeon Master this weekend, and
blazed through level 6, 8 (I don't have all the keys for 7 yet)  and
am well into level 9 (the "rats" and wild boars are tough!).

I seem to keep picking up items whose utility is unclear, both
for weapons and other items.  For example, which of the weapons is
best?  I have two vorpul blades, a battle axe, Delta (sword),
Mace of Order, and a few others.  I can't carry all of these for
the characters are too encumbered and move slowly.  Does anyone know
which is best?

What are the magic boxes for, i.e. why should I "Freeze Life", and
why are there two colors of boxes?

What about these other items?
 Necklace  ?
  Jewel Symal (Adds to anti-magic)
  Gem of Ages
  Ekkhard Cross
  Choker
  Pendant Feral

And finally, how does one use the bow/crossbow?  It just tell me
I have to have ammunition.  I have arrows  but how do I get them
to the bow and fire them?

Surviving the American Dream
John R. Mellby                       Texas Instruments
jmellby%skvax1.ti.com                P.O.Box 869305, MS 8513
                                     Plano,  Texas, 75086
(214)517-5370                       (214)575-6774 (work)

gordon@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu (John Gordon) (02/14/91)

jmellby@m2.csc.ti.com (John Mellby) writes:

>I seem to keep picking up items whose utility is unclear, both
>for weapons and other items.  For example, which of the weapons is
>best?  I have two vorpul blades, a battle axe, Delta (sword),

	Well, Vorpal Blades are useful in fighting ghostly types.

>What are the magic boxes for, i.e. why should I "Freeze Life", and
>why are there two colors of boxes?

	"Freeze Life" temporarily freezes your opponents.  Useful for
bashing them/evading them.  The green ones last longer.

>  Pendant Feral  :: This adds to something, can't remember what.

>And finally, how does one use the bow/crossbow?  It just tell me
>I have to have ammunition.  I have arrows  but how do I get them
>to the bow and fire them?

	To fire arrows, thay have to be in your ready hand.  You *did*
read the manual, didn't you? (You *did* *buy* this game, right?)