[rec.games.misc] WIZARDRY VI

atul@cadence.com (Atul Srinivasan) (02/27/91)

Okay, how the hell do you exit the damn first level of the castle to get back to
the main menu. I'd like to exchange a character or two, and it seems like
I can't do that. HELP. Please.

Also any suggestions for initial spell selection, or distribution of skills.

Thx
Atul
atul@cadence.com

amiga@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Boing) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb26.202305.19696@cadence.com> atul@cadence.com (Atul Srinivasan) writes:
>Okay, how the hell do you exit the damn first level of the castle to get back to
>the main menu. I'd like to exchange a character or two, and it seems like
>I can't do that. HELP. Please.

if I remember correctly from the manual, there isn't really a way to exchange
characters in your party.  you can remove them, and add new ones, but the
removed characters get deleted.

>Also any suggestions for initial spell selection, or distribution of skills.

I have been using heal, sleep, knock knock, and direction nearly exclusively
so far, but then, I am still in the very early stages of the game myself.
I find skill points harder to assign, and dependent on class.

>Thx
>Atul
>atul@cadence.com

all in all, I am enjoying this game, but am annoyed by the clunky user
interface, the EGA graphics, and the fact that it expects all the game
disks to be in df0: if you don't install it on a hard drive.