[comp.sys.dec] DEC/IBM-XT interfacing...

wahec@ecsvax.UUCP (Toni M. Hutto) (12/05/86)

Looking for someone who can help with a mini-computer (DEC)
network with IBM-XT's in some places...
We currently have MUMPS language.  The IBM's are dumb terminals
on the DEC system, with no way to transfer files, use/share
software easily (or successfully)  Have well over 16 users/ports
need to add more.  More and more users need to use dBaseIII+
and the IBM version of WordPerfect is becoming popular.  Plain
terminal users (Citoh) feel "left out"... have looked at a
package SAS promotes as being able to intergrate the two worlds,
but would need an upgrade on the DEC.  IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE
WHO IS VERSED IN ALL THESE AREAS?  UNDERSTANDS REAL-PEOPLE NEEDS
& USES?
I'm sure there are.... please reply to

		[wahec@ecsvax]
USnail:
	T. M. Hutto
	Wake AHEC, WMC
	3000 New Bern Avenue
	Raleigh, NC    27610

Thanks in advance!

joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) (12/08/86)

In article <2434@ecsvax.UUCP> wahec@ecsvax.UUCP (Toni M. Hutto) writes:

> [delete PC-XT  delete DEC  delete delete ]
>IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE
>WHO IS VERSED IN ALL THESE AREAS?  UNDERSTANDS REAL-PEOPLE NEEDS
>& USES?

You would probably do best to post what you want, rather that simply
ask for everyone familiar with the subject to contact you.  Do you have
questions to ask, want advice, or are looking for someone to hire on
a consulting or permanent basis????
--
UUCP: ihnp4!rosevax!dayton!joe          Joe Larson
ATT : (612) 375-3537                    Dayton Hudson Department Store Company