Are there commercial packages?  Public domain stuff?

Also, anyone know of any user's groups?

Thanks for any help,
Stefan Brandle                                 UUCP:  ihnp4!wheaton!stefan
Wheaton College                                "But I never claimed to be sane!"
---------------------------------------------- MA Bell: (312) 260-4992 ---------

bob@osu-eddie.UUCP (02/27/87)

From: spaf@gatech.EDU (Gene Spafford)
Newsgroups: news.lists
Subject: Arpanet List-of-Lists Part 2
Date: 24 Jan 87 20:07:35 GMT
INFO-DEC-MICRO@SU-SCORE

   A forum for users to ask questions and share answers about various
   topics concerning DEC Microcomputers (ie Rainbow 100, MicroVax,
   Professional 350/380).

   All requests to be added to or deleted from this list, problems, questions,
   etc., should be sent to Info-DEC-Micro-request@SU-SCORE.

   Coordinator: Andrew Gideon <GIDEON@SU-SCORE>

Check with your local DECUS chapter for a Local Users' Group, called a
PC SIG or some such.
------
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277
 bob@ohio-state.{arpa,csnet} or ...!cb{osgd,att}!osu-eddie!bob
 (614) 292 - 0915 or (614) 292 - 5813

klr@hadron.UUCP (03/02/87)

In article <423@wheaton.UUCP> stefan@wheaton.UUCP (Stefan Brandle) writes:
>What is available for the Rainbow, other than the standard DEC issue?
>Are there commercial packages?  Public domain stuff?
>
>Also, anyone know of any user's groups?
>
>Thanks for any help,
>--

	Try calling any of a number of Rainbow oriented FIDO BBS in the US.
	For starters, try calling either of the 2 FIDO nodes that I run, listed
	in the .signature file.  Also you might try calling the LCG.KERMIT
	system at 617-467-7437.  This is a DEC system 20 that is used as a
	huge BBS full of PD software.  LCG.KERMIT's login is:

	@LOGIN LCG.KERMIT KERMIT
			  ^
			  | Does not echo.

	The is more generic and dec-specific software out there than you might
	think.

 Kurt Reisler (703) 359-6100
 UNISIG Chairman, DECUS US Chapter                       | Hadron, Inc.
 ..{seismo|sundc|rlgvax|dtix|decuac}!hadron!klr          | 9990 Lee Highway
 Sysop, Fido 109/74  The Bear's Den   (703) 671-0598     | Suite 481
 Sysop, Fido 109/483 The Pot of Gold  (703) 359-6549     | Fairfax, VA 22030

ch@well.UUCP (Chris Hayes) (03/23/87)

	Try the San-Francisco DEC PC User's Group.

They have a Fido BBS with quite a bit of Rainbow Software available for
download, as well as a listing of other Rainbow BBSs around the country.

The BBS number is: (415) 981-3325.

Hours:	6pm-7am weekdays, all day weekends.  (1200/300 BPS)

--
	Chris Hayes
			UUCP: ucbvax!dual!well!ch