[comp.sys.dec] Preparation for VMS 5.0

jps@apollo.uucp (Jeffrey P. Snover) (04/27/87)

I have heard rumors that VMS 5.0 is so
dramatically different from VMS 4.X that
DEC has set a group of people to help prepare
3rd party software houses.

If this is true I would like to talk to these
folks.  Can anyone turn me on to the correct
people?

NOTE: yeah apollo isn't generally in the DEC software
business but my project is.  My project is called
ACCESS which is a communications package that runs on
the VAX (VMS) and on our wonderful family of truely
top-notch workstations (I can turn you on to a salesperson
if you are interested. [p.s. I'm not joking, they are
the b*lls]).

ACCESS allows our workstations to ***TRANSPARENTLY***
access a VMS file system.  Thus workstation users can
use the VAX as a file server.

jeffrey p snover

ted@blia.BLI.COM (Ted Marshall) (04/30/87)

In article <34874385.8be4@apollo.uucp>, jps@apollo.uucp (Jeffrey P. Snover) writes:
> I have heard rumors that VMS 5.0 is so
> dramatically different from VMS 4.X that
> DEC has set a group of people to help prepare
> 3rd party software houses.
>
> If this is true I would like to talk to these
> folks.  Can anyone turn me on to the correct
> people?

If this is true, I would like this information also. As a maintainer of
several VMS drivers (and ACPs), I expect to be very busy when 5.0 comes out.

Thanks.

--
Ted Marshall       ...!ucbvax!mtxinu!blia!ted <or> mtxinu!blia!ted@Berkeley.EDU
Britton Lee, Inc., 14600 Winchester Blvd, Los Gatos, Ca 95030     (408)378-7000

allen@gitpyr.UUCP (05/05/87)