[comp.sys.dec] NFS and Unix on MicroVaxII's

czei@osupyr.UUCP (Michael S Czeiszperger) (07/15/87)

We are running BSD 4.3 on three MicroVaxII's, and are considering
adding NFS.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Since NFS
was developed for Sun's, we're not sure how well it will work on
MicroVaxes.

Thanks in advance...

--
Michael S. Czeiszperger
College of the Arts Computer Lab

lad@eplrx7.UUCP (Lawrence Dziegielewski) (07/17/87)

In article <474@osupyr.UUCP>, czei@osupyr.UUCP (Michael S Czeiszperger) writes:

> We are running BSD 4.3 on three MicroVaxII's, and are considering
> adding NFS.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Since NFS
> was developed for Sun's, we're not sure how well it will work on
> MicroVaxes.

We are running MORE/bsd4.3 from Mt Xinu with NFS on 3 MicarVax II's and it's
great!  We have a samll local network of a couple of Sun's,  3 MV II,  and
we're going to add other machines in the future.  We like NFS and the
ability to mount remote filesystems,  in fact,  working around here would be
tough without it.

Larry Dziegielewski