[comp.sys.dec] Software for DECserver 200

carlson@lll-aftac.arpa (John Carlson) (07/27/87)

We have purchased a DECserver 200, and are wondering what kind of
software is available for it.  We know of the DEC software that
works with LAT, but we also want to know if there is any software
that allows the server to work with TCP/IP.  Is LAT built
into the DECserver, or is it downloaded from the host?  Can we
download a program that uses TCP/IP, and if so, how does one go about
programming a DECserver?  Our current host is a MicroVAX II running
ULTRIX 2.0.

Please reply directly, and I will summarize the answers:

John Carlson
Internet:	carlson@lll-tis.ARPA
UUCP:		lll-lcc!lll-tis!carlson

jeff@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Jeffrey Burgan) (07/28/87)

In article <21615@lll-tis.arpa> carlson@lll-aftac.arpa (John Carlson) writes:

>We have purchased a DECserver 200, and are wondering what kind of
>software is available for it.  We know of the DEC software that
>works with LAT, but we also want to know if there is any software
>that allows the server to work with TCP/IP.

   No. Thats why we use an Annex (Encore Computer Corp) Box.

>Is LAT built
>into the DECserver, or is it downloaded from the host?

         Its downloaded from the host.
>Can we
>download a program that uses TCP/IP, and if so, how does one go about
>programming a DECserver?  Our current host is a MicroVAX II running
>ULTRIX 2.0.

          Not that I have ever heard of.

Jeff Burgan
jeff@umbc3.umd.edu