[comp.sys.dec] Response to article on MicroPower/Pascal

naylor@paxvax.dec.com (Mark E. Naylor) (09/22/87)

Response to article on MicroPower/Pascal.

I have called Mr. Neitzel and answered his questions.  For the benefit of
others out there, here is what we discussed.

One point of clarification: Mr. Neitzel does in fact have the MicroPower/Pascal
documentation.  He does not have documentation for his welder application.

There is a 3-day seminar offered at the Atlanta Support Center.  This seminar
includes a lab and covers the MicroPower/Pascal product by starting with a
review of Pascal and progresses into the extensions we have added for realtime
programming.  The seminar is offered once a month.

Digital IS standing behind MP/P.  It is being actively maintained and
developed.  V2.4 began shipping last week and we are currently working on
V2.5.  V2.5 will be the 12th release of MicroPower/Pascal since its
introduction in 1982.

Regards,
Mark E. Naylor
MicroPower/Pascal DevelopUCP (

rneitzel@udenva.UUCP (RICHARD NEITZEL ) (09/23/87)

In article <11685@decwrl.DEC.COM> naylor@paxvax.dec.com (Mark E. Naylor) writes:

(This in regards to training for Micropower Pascal)

>There is a 3-day seminar offered at the Atlanta Support Center.  This seminar
>includes a lab and covers the MicroPower/Pascal product by starting with a
>review of Pascal and progresses into the extensions we have added for realtime
>programming.  The seminar is offered once a month.

Sorry, but I have contacted DEC's Educational Services group and was informed
that the seminar is now only offered onsite and you must pay for a minimum of
10 people. This puts the price in the area of $10,000, which is well beyond our
means for training 2 people. If there are other people in the Colorado area who
might want to take this seminar and split the cost, please call me at :

	303-966-7203

							Rich Neitzel