[comp.sys.dec] TSX+ TCP/IP

mlj8e@dale.acc.Virginia.EDU (Michael L. Johnson) (10/03/88)

In article <1046@helios.ee.lbl.gov> mike@quench.lbl.gov (Michael Helm) writes:

>Does anyone here have any information on Ethernet and/or
>protocol (DECNET, TCP-IP) support on RT-11/TSX?   I'd prefer
>to have ethernet h/w+drivers, but I could live with SLIP
>or some other arrangement.
>
>Any information appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Michael Helm

 I have been using the software which is available from
Process Software Corporation for TSX+.  I am not very
happy  with it but it is all that is available, I think.
Please let me know if something else is available.
Some of the problems with the Process software are listed here:

1) Does not support accounting, user privilages, etc.
2) Only uses the 8 logical subdisks which are mounted when
   the system is booted.  The sub-disks can not be changed
   without rebooting the system.
3) Does not support TELENET.
4) Only one FTP can be performed at at a time. i.e., it is
   actually a single user package.
5) The 3.5Kbyte device handler cannot be mapped.
6) No documentation on how to use the handler independently.

 I have been trying for more than a year to get Process
software to correct some of these problems, but they are not
interested.

 A second choice is Omnex corporation.  They sell a mappable
TSX+ ethernet handler with documentation.  However, they
do not provide any TCP/IP software to drive it.

 I cannot provide the addresses at this time, but both companies
advertise in the trade rags.  If you send me a message I can
find the addresses for me.

 Again, please let me know what you find out.

From: mlj8e@dale.acc.Virginia.EDU (Michael L. Johnson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec
Subject: TSX+ TCP/IP
Expires: