[comp.sys.dec] BSD for MicroVAX 3500 wanted

urlichs@iraun1.ira.uka.de (Matthias Urlichs) (02/13/89)

We are currently trying to port BSD 4.3 onto one (or two)
DEC MicroVAX 3500.
The problem seems to be that our release only supports CPU-types
up to 8, whereas the MicroVAX 3500 has a CPU type of 10.

If anyone has successfully ported BSD to that machine,
any information (patch files?) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthias Urlichs

--
Matthias Urlichs -- Humboldtstrasse 7 -- D-7500 Karlsruhe 1 -- ++49+721-621127
urlichs@ira.uka.de -- ...!pyramid!tub!tmpmbx!smurf!urlichs

ed@mtxinu.COM (Ed Gould) (02/15/89)

In article <799@iraun1.ira.uka.de> urlichs@ira.uka.de (Matthias Urlichs) writes:
>We are currently trying to port BSD 4.3 onto one (or two)
>DEC MicroVAX 3500.
>The problem seems to be that our release only supports CPU-types
>up to 8, whereas the MicroVAX 3500 has a CPU type of 10.
>
>If anyone has successfully ported BSD to that machine,
>any information (patch files?) would be appreciated.

The 4.3-tahoe tape has code that we (mt Xinu) did for the 3500.  (At
least I think it got onto the tahoe tape.)

We also support the 3500 in our commercial product.  For more
information about our products, write to

	dan@mtxinu.com  (or uunet!mtxinu!dan)

--
Ed Gould                    mt Xinu, 2560 Ninth St., Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
ed@mtxinu.COM		    +1 415 644 0146

"I'll fight them as a woman, not a lady.  I'll fight them as an engineer."

urlichs@smurf.ira.uka.de (Matthias Urlichs) (02/16/89)

In comp.sys.dec urlichs@ira.uka.de (that's me) writes:
< We are currently trying to port BSD 4.3 onto one (or two)
< DEC MicroVAX 3500.
< [...]
< If anyone has successfully ported BSD to that machine,
< any information (patch files?) would be appreciated.
<
We didn't know that these patches already appeared in comp.bugs.4bsd.ucb-fixes.
Many thanks to the (until now) two people who mailed them to us.
Since mail to Germany costs money, even more thanks to the people
telling me just where to get a copy. :-)

--
Matthias Urlichs -- Humboldtstrasse 7 -- 7500 Karlsruhe 1 -- FRG
urlichs@smurf.ira.uka.de -- ++49+721-621127@PTT