[comp.sys.dec] Wanted badly: termcap for vr260

carllp@freja.diku.dk (Carl-Lykke Pedersen) (02/28/89)

We need a termcap entry for the console on VaxStations-2000.
It is called a vr260, and that is all we know about it.

Any help will be appriciated.

Please respond by email.

Regards (and thanx)
CLp
(carllp@diku.dk or mcvax!diku!carllp)

chet@amrap.CWRU.EDU (Chet Ramey) (03/01/89)

In article <4487@freja.diku.dk> carllp@freja.diku.dk (Carl-Lykke Pedersen) writes:

>We need a termcap entry for the console on VaxStations-2000.
>It is called a vr260, and that is all we know about it.

The problem with the vr260 is that it is dumb, dumb, dumb.  It was never
designed to do anything but run a window system (I've seen Dec's driver for
it, the one they donated to UCB, and it's the truth).  I've just resigned
myself to starting up X anytime I want to do something more than a simple
'stty new dec cr0' will get me (like edit a file, for instance).

Chet Ramey				chet@{cwjcc,pirate}.CWRU.EDU
Network Services Group
Case Western Reserve University		Weird, man.  Too weird.