[comp.sys.dec] NFS on VMS

kevin@xilinx.UUCP (Kevin Kelleher) (04/19/89)

I have a Sun 3/280 running SunOS 4.0 which I would like to
connect to a Vaxstation 2000 running VMS 5.0, and be able to
access the files on the VMS side from Unix via NFS.

I have heard rumors that Dec has NFS support for VMS, if so
what do I need to ask them for to get it?  Also, is it
available anywhere in the PD?

If there is interest, I will post a summary of information.

Kevin Kelleher			UUCP: uunet!xilinx!kevin
Xilinx Inc.			PHONE: (408) 559-7778

ingoldsb@ctycal.COM (Terry Ingoldsby) (04/22/89)

In article <158@xilinx.UUCP>, kevin@xilinx.UUCP (Kevin Kelleher) writes:
> I have a Sun 3/280 running SunOS 4.0 which I would like to
> connect to a Vaxstation 2000 running VMS 5.0, and be able to
> access the files on the VMS side from Unix via NFS.
>
> Kevin Kelleher			UUCP: uunet!xilinx!kevin
> Xilinx Inc.			PHONE: (408) 559-7778

NFS does exist for VMS, but I think it only provides server capabilities.
VMS users cannot fetch data from other systems.  Check with Sun for the
details.

                                   Terry Ingoldsby
                                   Land Related Information Systems
                                   The City of Calgary

                                   ctycal!ingoldsb@calgary.UUCP
                                            or
                       ...{alberta,ubc-cs,utai}!calgary!ctycal!ingoldsb